Alert! This area is where we outline recent product enhancements and resolved issues to help you stay up to date with the changes happening in WebABA Enterprise.
The following improvements and bug/defect fixes were made for this release. They will help the user have a better experience with WebABA Enterprise.
- Activity Note Templates are now available in Funding Sources and can be added by anyone with access to the Funding Sources setup. See Activity Note Template for more information.
- Under Funding Sources, a template can be added at the Service Level in a new field called Activity Note Template that allows entry of free-text data. Any data entered contributes to the 2500-character limit.
- When an appointment is made with a Service that has a Template, it auto-populates any data from the field into the Activity Note section of the appointment. This applies to NPAWorks and NPAGo.
- Two new Credential Types were added to Credentials: Training and Credentialed. See View, Edit, or Add Credentials for more information.
- Track whether a Therapist has completed Training
- Track which Insurance Plans a Therapist is Credentialed with for appointment and billing purposes. This will help the system know whether or not a Therapist is enrolled as participating with a particular payer when it matches clients and therapists for appointments.
Product Defect Resolutions
- When saving a Customizable List as an Administrator, you no longer are presented with a User Exception error. The Customized List now saves any changes made.
Unable to connect to NPA Works, NPA Go, or NPA Web in certain instances was occurring. This was happening mainly to larger customers when trying to log in to NPA Works, NPA Go, or NPA Web and was being caused by a problem with the code. The problem was caused by a load of an unnecessary table that was using excessive system resources. This in turn was causing the systems hosting our customers to become out of memory which in turn prevented our customers from being able to log in until a refresh of the system was performed by Code Metro.
This issue has been resolved and users should no longer see a continuing issue with logging in to NPA Works, NPA Go, or NPA Web.
- After the release of 8.39.0, customers reported not being able to Generate Statements from NPAWorks. The issue was identified and fixed by a Hotfix on Oct 14th.
Previously Payments applied to Deductibles were being posted as denials. When the full payment was applied to a client's deductible, the $0.00 Payment was posted as a Denial instead of a Payment. Further, any $0.00 Payment was being applied as a Denial, which was not always accurate. This was incorrect and as a result, some changes have been made to correct this.
Now, in the Transaction History when a $0.00 payment is received, it will be applied as a Payment and show the payment source. For example, a $0.00 payment from a Primary Payer/Funding Source where the entire payment amount has been applied to the Deductible will show as a $0.00 Payment from the Primary.
Beneath the $0.00 Payment from Primary, a second line will be shown as Deductible, detailing the amount applied to Deductible and the Funding Source information as it does now.
Because we have changed how $0.00 Payments are handled, manually posted payments now have a new Denial Action available in the Payments Apply Screen. This action is not available from the "Other Action" from the Claims Manager (Ledger) screen. The new Denial Action will appear on Claims and Guarantor Statements but is not available for Invoices.
Denials received from Insurance Payers via Electronic Remittance Advice will still post as Denials.
In the Insurance Claims Manager when viewing a claim, the Claim Line Status will show the last action taken by the user posting the payment, or by the automated posting of the Electronic Remittance Advice payment. For example; if a user posts a Zero Payment for a Denial, followed by posting the Denial Action but does not transfer the balance to the Client, the Line Status for that claim will remain Denial. If the user posted the Zero Payment for a Denial followed by the Denial Action and selected to Transfer Balance to Client, the Line Status will show Client Responsibility.