This article will walk you through adding Notes and Attachments to the Notes & Issues tab in the Staff Record.
Add a Note
- In the Staff Record, locate the Notes & Issues tab as shown below.
- Under the Notes & Issues tab, you will see the Notes & Issues options.
- When you click Add, a line item will be added, however, you will enter the details of that note on the bottom half of the screen.
NOTE: There is no limit to the number of Notes you can add.
- Select the Note Type from the dropdown.
NOTE: Note Type provides a pre-generated list. This list can be modified by going to the main screen of NPA Works. Then click Customize List under the Settings tab.
- On the Summary line, add a short summary of the note. For example "Call Log".
- In the large box below that, you will enter all the details of the note. There is no limit to the amount of text you can enter here.
- On the lower right-hand side, you will see the Author listed and the date the note was added.
Next, you will see the User that last edited the note and the date that occurred.
And lastly, you will see links to any Attachments included in this note.
NOTE: You will not see the Author or Edited by info updated until you Save the note.
- To add an Attachment to the note, go to the Attachment section at the top and click Add.
- This will bring up the Select Attachment File window to choose a file from your machine.
Select the file and click Open to add the attachment.
- To have the system give you a notification about a note, you can set an Expiration.
Check the box for Expiration and then select the date from the drop-down. The Give Warning box will automatically be checked as well.
See Visual Warnings below for what that will look like.
Click Save & Close in the top left-hand corner when you are done adding your note.
Back on the main screen, the system will give you Visual Warnings when the expiration on your notes is approaching or has passed. You will see a key at the bottom for reference (exp. Past Due, Stay Put, etc.).