A non-payroll appointment is an appointment that staff is not providing services and is not getting paid for the appointment. For example, if the therapist has a doctor's appointment, etc.
Add a Non-Service Appointment
- Select Staff from the Sidebar.
- Select the Staff you want to work with.
- Click Selected Schedule from the top menu.
- Select the time you want to schedule the appointment and click Add under the Appointment section.
NOTE: You can click and drag to highlight the entire time you want the appointment to cover, but you can still manually change the appointment start and end times if you like.
The Appointment popup will display the information for this appointment.
NOTE: Leave the Service Action tab as it is since you won't need to bill for any services.
- Change the Date, Start Time, End Time as needed.
The Duration will populate the hours based on the start and end times.
- Change the Status to Unavailable from the Status dropdown.
- Type in the Subject line manually, such as "Unavailable-Dr. Appt.", etc.
- Enter the Location (if needed).
- Enter any Office Notes as needed (Activity and Result Notes are for Service Appointments).
- The Pay Code will default to [No Pay] (this happens when you select the Status as Unavailable).
- Click OK.
- Click Save or Save & Close in the top-left corner of the Schedule when finished.
- Click OK on the popup confirming the appointment was saved.
The non-payroll appointment will show up outlined in Gray.