This article will walk you through understanding the different elements in Flexible Reporting. For the steps to run a Flexible Report, see Run a Flexible Report.
Open Flexible Reporting
- Click on the Flexible Reporting button from the Home tab.
NOTE: You can also access Flex Reports from the Reporting tab on the main screen.
- The Flexible Reporting screen will display.
This section provides most of the functionality associated with Flex Reports.
|Run||Executes the report and displays the results inside the Flex Report window.|
|Save||Saves the current runtime settings of the selected flex report, such as dates, offices, etc.|
|Save As||Allows users to save a copy of a report with a new name.|
|Refresh||The Refresh button will refresh the selected report and discard any unsaved changes.|
|Edit||Allows users to update the names and descriptions for custom copies of saved flex reports.|
|Delete||Allows users to erase a saved copy of a flex report.|
|Favorite||Allows user to add a selected flex report to their personal Favorites tab.|
|Export to Excel||Executes the report and generates the results as an Excel file.|
|Export to Quickbooks||Executes the report and generates the results as a Quickbooks file.
NOTE: The Quickbooks function is no longer actively supported.
|Copy||The copy button is used to copy flex report results. You can click the button or use the dropdown to select options such as Copy Selection, Copy Selection + Column Headers, etc.|
|This button is used to print the results of the selected report.|
|Column Options||Allows the user to choose which result columns should be displayed on the report.|
|Show||This button is used to show or hide the parameters and/or results sections of the flex report.|
Flex Reports are displayed under categories for organizational purposes. Click the +(Plus) to expand each category. The reports that are visible to the user will depend on their user role(s) and permissions.
NOTE: Favorites are specific to a particular user - other users will not be able to access another user's favorited reports.
Users can search for a specific report name by typing part or all of the report name in the Search bar.
Parameters and their Values will be displayed under the Upper Toolbar, once a report has been selected.
- Click into the Value box next to each Parameter to change the value. The available parameters vary by each report.
- Click Run or one of the Export buttons to begin running the report.
NOTE: It is advised that you choose your Column Options before running the report
- Use the Save function to keep these Parameters for the next time you run the report.
Favorite Flex Reports
The Favorite category can be used to easily locate and run frequently-used reports.
- To a report to your Favorite category, select the desired report and click on the Favorite button.
- Once a report is favorited, it will appear in the Favorites category for easy access.
- A user can un-favorite a report at any time by simply clicking the button again.
You can create a custom version of a report.
- Select the report.
- Adjust any Parameters and Column Options.
- Click Run to run the report.
- Click Save As on top and enter a unique Report Name and Report Description.
- Click Save at the bottom of the Add Report popup.
NOTE: Selecting a report that you customized (Save As function) will make these two buttons available on the Upper Toolbar.
Edit – The Edit button is enabled when a Save As report has been selected. It allows the user to edit the customized report name and description.
Delete – The Delete button is enabled when a Save As report is selected. It allows the user to delete the customized report. This will remove the custom naming but the original flex report will not be deleted.
This section can be found in the bottom left corner of the Report window. Here the user can find details about a selected report.
- Report Name – Either the original report name or the customized report name will be listed here.
- Description/ Info – The original description of the report will be listed here. Otherwise, it will display the customized description.
- If a report name has been customized (by using the Save As function), the original name will be shown in an extra section towards the bottom.
This section is used to display the results of the report if the Run button is clicked.
NOTE: The Export to Excel option will run and insert the results in the output file without displaying them here.
NOTE: Similar to the Home Screen, the results grid has advanced Search/Sort tools that can be used by right-clicking on the column headers.
Related Article: Main Screen: Search, Sort & Filter Functions