The system supports the ability to create and update appointments in bulk as part of what is called a recurrence. Often times a client or staff will have a set schedule that repeats on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, and this feature can help cut down the time needed to manage these appointments.
For instructions on how to recur an appointment in GO see Recur an Appointment in GO.
IMPORTANT: The following article assumes you have access to create/edit recurrences - if you do not see or are unable to click particular buttons, your user account may not have the appropriate permissions.
Schedule a Recurring Appointment
- Select the Client or Staff and then click Selected Schedule to open their schedule.
- Click Add in the Appointment section to add an Appointment to the schedule.
- Click the Recur Appointment button inside the appointment window.
NOTE: Select your Service Action first if this is a recurring service appointment.
- Adjust the Start and End Time (if needed) in the Recurrence popup.
- See your recurring Pattern. The options on the right will change based on the pattern selected on the left.
Daily - Create an appointment every X days, or every weekday (M-F).
Weekly - Create an appointment every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc. for X amount of weeks.
Monthly - Create an appointment every X day of the month for Y amount of months.
- Daily - Create an appointment every X days, or every weekday (M-F).
- Adjust your Start and End dates for Range, if needed.
The total Occurrences will automatically populate.
- Check or uncheck the boxes to toggle the options for:
- Skip funding source disallowed days
Skip the funding source warned days
NOTE: These options will only show if you have selected your Service Action before setting your recurrence.
- Click OK when finished.
Don't forget to Save your appointments!
TIP: Say you have a client who needs a recurring weekly MWF appointment at 3 PM.
It is easier to maintain the schedule if you separate each day into its own recurrence (one for Mondays, one for Wednesdays, and one for Fridays).
This will allow you to modify part of the schedule without affecting others days of the week. For example, the client needs to move appointments on Wednesdays to 4 PM. If the MWF are all part of the same recurrence, there is no way to only adjust the Wednesday appts.