This article will walk you through the basic steps for adding a Service Appointment for a Client. If you have a service that insurance won't pay for, you can change the appointment status to non-billable. This way you still have the service on your schedule but it will not go out to claims.
NOTE: If you use Catalyst Data Collection and are integrated you will now see your Client Appointments (read-only) in the new Catalyst App on the Student Dashboard. For more information, please see Integrated Calendar with WebABA.
Add a Service Appointment
- Select Clients from the Sidebar.
- Select the Client you want to work with.
- Click Selected Schedule from the top menu.
- Select the time you want to schedule the appointment and click Add under the Appointment section.
NOTE: You can click and drag to highlight the entire time you want the appointment to cover, but you can still manually change the appointment start and end times if you like.
The Appointment popup will display the information for this appointment.
- The Status will default to ACTIVE.
IMPORTANT: To make this a Non-Billable appointment, change the Status to Non-Billable from the Status dropdown.
- Change the Date, Start Time, or End Time (if needed).
The Duration will populate the payroll hours based on the start and end times.
- Click over to the Service Action tab.
- Click Select from the Service section.
- Select the Authorized Service and click OK.
NOTE: This will display the authorized services for this client, along with authorization numbers, authorization minutes, location, funding dates, and more.
- The Authorized Service information will populate for you, but you can make changes if needed.
- Select the Provider from the dropdown at the bottom.
- Billing information will populate in the Insurance Billing tab but can be edited if needed.
- Click back to the General tab to review and make any changes as needed.
- Select or Unselect Allow overlapping client appointments (if needed).
NOTE: The Subject line will automatically be filled in with the client's name, therapist, service being provided, minutes remaining, and the start and end times for this appointment.
- Click OK.
- Click Save or Save & Close in the top-left corner of the Schedule when finished.
- Click OK on the popup confirming the appointment was saved.
The service appointment will show up outlined in Green.